Monday, February 25, 2008

This is bat country.

I am starting another blog. This is really getting out of hand. Just when I thought I was beyond my last one, I suddenly had to start again. Plus, everyone keeps telling me to write down my thoughts, write down my thoughts. So here are my thoughts.

I've changed a lot since my last blog, since fall of 2007. I went suicidal. I started taking antidepressants. I started drinking (only very rarely, and in a calm social setting), and have smoked once or twice. I started at another college, this one a huge university where there is no real shot of getting a sense of community. I think about things I never thought about before. I never cry. I read poetry, and just started writing some. I get frustrated with people for little to no reason. Sometimes I shut down for days. My sense of humor has broadened. I am more interested in meeting new people than ever, which is saying something.

I spend hours a day alone in my mind, listening to music or reading novels or reading histories or walking around. Maybe some of that will get in this thing.

I don't know what I want out of this blog. I'm not going to try to be really artsy or really funny or really much of anything. I'm going to write for me, and some days I will want to be witty (here's looking at you, Wit has truth in it), sometimes it will be dark, sometimes just about my day. Mostly it will be about nothing, and everything, because that's what I think about.

Cheers, friends,
Charlie

2 comments:

Brian Duffield said...

I love Charlie Hoppes.

Love, Brian Duffield.

Devin C. Manzullo-Thomas said...

Thanks for the shout-out.

I just bookmarked this shit.

Also, Brian: I love Charlie Hoppes MORE. Ya BURNT.

-devin.