Monday, March 3, 2008

A few misfired hucks, and a fallen weekend

It was windy as balls in Millersville this weekend. It was probably one of the most frustrating weekends of ultimate I have ever experienced. In addition to some extremely distressing things happening on the team internally that are split out onto the field, it ended in disappointment.

We lost in the semis to Bucknell, my old rivals from West Penn sectionals. They are certainly in my top five least favorite teams, and we lost in a pathetic way, going up 5-1, and losing 15-8. They ran this zone that was just tricky, nothing that we should have been shut down by, and we could not move the disc. Lots of drops and throwaways and poor defense, and next thing we know we are stuck watching Bucknell in the finals against

Messiah.


My old mates. Who I have been dying to play since last May. Boys who I love, would do anything for, and have done everything for me, but to whom I have something to prove to in terms of ultimate, whether that is real or imagined. Hanging out with them on Saturday night reminded me that I fit in somewhere, even if not at Towson. The whole chain of events just made me feel sick.

As some shit-tasting icing on the cake, I blew out my elbow. It's throbbing even while typing. Here's hoping it's better by Saturday. It might even turn out better than before once it's healed. I've heard of that happening...


I would raise a glass to that, if I could.

Cheers,
Charlie

2 comments:

Devin C. Manzullo-Thomas said...

I will be at Messiah this weekend (starting Saturday). You should be there, too.

ellie said...

"Funky Butt Lovin'!"